Monday, June 14, 2010

Modesty in a Crazy World... Day 1

Well, my first day to work in modest dress was not as scary as I thought it might be. The skirt and modest blouse has been an easy transition. I've been doing that for about 2 weeks, but the head covering was a different thing. In a bigger town, this wouldn't have even been an issue.

My manager was understanding and was accommodating. My friend Kathy understood completely. I had friendly looks. No one really asked any pointed questions. One of my team mates asked how I tied the scarf. She asked if it had to be really tight to stay on. I told her it was not tight at all.

I'm looking forward to putting together another Tznius outfit (The Hebrew word for modest).

I was able to pray a lot and even had a chance to study the Parsha (Chukat) for the first time in a long time. It was a good day. I am looking forward to finding more time for prayer and study and to see the Creator continue to do amazing things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you are doing what God has called you to. It makes me really happy. :)

    If anyone gives you any trouble or makes unkind remarks; let me know and I'll take care of it! ;) haha.

    I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete