Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 3

Yes, I took another picture while in my cubicle during my break. Silly yes, but I just want to show that you can have fun with Frum Fashion.

I was reading Mishle (Proverbs) 16:3 Turn your deeds to HaShem and your thoughts will be set aright. It doesn't say that we would be set aright and then our deeds would be towards HaShem. It's also like pretending to be happy. This is actually a very wise teaching. If you pretend to be Happy, guess what? You will end up actually BEING happy. Dressing like this keeps me on my toes. I think twice before I say things unworthy of my Father. Shouldn't I do this regardless of what I wear? Yes, but I kid you not... people expect me to be better. I expect me to be better. I still have to work on reminding myself about prayer. I've caught myself midbite. It's better than forgetting altogether. It's a discipline. Boundaries are good. Look at children without boundaries. They are wild and without peace. Same with this child. When I forget who I am, it's easy to be like everyone else. When I stand for something BIGGER, I act on my best behavior. Don't believe me, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment