As most of you know, I haven't blogged because my laptop is broken. So I thought I would try blogging with my blackberry. It is small and I have to scroll over a bunch, but it might be an option. I don't see how to add pictures on the blog, but. Text is better than nothing.
Zee is learning division in math and brought his C+ to a B+ in math. Thanks to the Adelmans for tutoring him each Wednesday. This spring is TAKS test so you can imagine how stressed the teachers are for this semester.
Tzipi has been working on her behavior with our in-home counselor and she loves getting stickers for each new thing she does. She had a playdate with one of her friends from school.
Avi finally got a new phone since his old phone wouldn't hold a charge anymore.
Work has been exciting as there have been changes (for the better). I have been doing much better with my work and I'm back to my old self.
My spine has been the main complaint. My leg is getting stronger each week. I wouldn't try a marathon yet, but I could see myself walking around my workplace like I used to when it gets warmer.
I'm working on crocheting a blanket. I found the wildest colored yarn and it just makes me smile. I've never been in the mood to work on a long term project, but since my hands don't hurt or go numb like they used to, I want to take advantage of it and make something my kids might want when they go off to college.
Lazer's baby teeth all fell out! Poor guy had shark teeth and he was in so much pain I thought for sure we'd need to do surgery, but Praise God, the problem resolved itself.
Lazer and Bunny are the best pals now. As much as Bunny hated him, I had strong doubts that they would ever love each other. Sure enough they play horsee games and zoom all over the place. I've caught them playing hide n seek a few times.
I am starting to think about Passover cleanup. It will be here before I know it. There is nothing quite like knowing that every corner of the house has been cleaned. I think I will start with the kitchen cupboards and then do the closets.
Well I should go now. I need to fold clothes and put them away. Nee
Saturday, January 1, 2011
My friend Mary posted this on her blog. I thought it was a good way to look back at the year.
New Year's survey
Gave myself injections.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It's a daily process for me. I can only live one day at a time.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Viral Neuropathy, being told that I need to see a psychiatrist, and Leelee finding Dr. Taylor through the blogosphere who found a treatment that actually worked!
8. What was your biggest achievement?
Being elected President of Toastmasters
9. What was your biggest failure?
Giving my son too much responsibility/freedom which cost me a new phone and my laptop.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Diagnosed with Viral Neuropathy, Syringomeylia and nerve damage. (Thyroid stuff turned out to be nothing.)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My hubby on my birthday. Surprised me totally!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed and disgusted?
Not able to say on a blog.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Austin.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2010?
The Climb by Miley Cyrus
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a)happier or sadder? Sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you spend New Years?
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
More in love with my family.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Tzipi would call it the "Crochet Show" but it was called "Project Runway".
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word.
25. What was the best book you read?
Unfinished Business by Lee Kravitz,
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
Feb 17th 2010, Advanced Communicator Bronze (Toastmasters)
28. What did you want and not get?
Accurate diagnosis, took 6 months.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked and went to Three Falls Cove, 32.
31. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Not getting shingles
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
33. What kept you sane?
My family, especially Leelee
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Blake and Ethan
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Everything that we go through can teach us if we let it.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
There's always gonna be another mountain.
I'm always gonna wanna make it move.
Always gonna be an uphill battle
And sometimes I'm gonna have to lose.
It ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about whats waiting on the other side.
It's the climb.
The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking,
Sometimes might knock me down
But no I'm not breaking.
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most,
Yeah, just gotta keep going.
And I, I got be strong.
40. What are your goals for 2011?
Have a successful Toastmaster Leadership Institute session, Get more answers from Dr. Taylor, better peace in my home.
Posted by Janine Deckard at 8:39:00 AM