Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year... kind of.


2008... I know I'm supposed to look back and reflect on the past year, but it was a hard year for everyone. I don't want to look back. It hurts too much. So in the spirit of positive thinking, I'm going to look ahead and think about all the things I'd like to do this year.

I want to make the effort to eat lunch with Zee again. That was one of my favorite things about Zee's first year of school. The first graders eat so early that it kind of makes my day longer, but if I do it on a day I get off early, maybe it won't be so bad.

Tzipporah will be going to Big Girl school (Head Start) so that means that I get to take her to school in the mornings and they are very adamant about parental involvement, so I'll be working with her teachers.

I'd like to get up at 5:00 am and go speed walking for 30 or 45 minutes. I can't afford a gym membership and the YMCA is too far from my home and I can't do YOGA with my cat climbing on me and my kids and hubby watching and teasing me. I'll start tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I enrolled in a bunch of business writing courses at work. I have the blessing to be able to do them at home too. I just have to start doing them after the kids go to bed. With the work load being so light, I did 6 management courses in one day. I was so excited to be able to sit and learn without interruption. With the situation at work being so precarious, I'm trying to cram as much into the time I have as I can.

I need to schedule time for just Avi and I. We have a great babysitter, but it's just hard to make it happen. We have a party to go to next week, and that should be fun. Marriage is work, but it's worth it.

So with all that said, let's hope that 2009 is much better than 2008.

1 comment: