Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't Give Up!

A good friend from work gave me this wonderful pattern from her crochet magazine. I was so excited to make this for my extremely independent daughter. I knew I was going to make a bunch of crochet food, so I figured, how hard would it be to make this menorah for Hanukkah? I was much too confident. It was much more difficult than I thought originally. I got the base done but it didn't seem to be working the way the pattern said it should. Plus I was doing it during my 15 minute breaks at work so Tzipi wouldn't see it. The candles were easy to make, but the branches were a bit more challenging. Then when it came to make the most important part, the horizontal bar that holds the whole thing together, the bar did not work at all. I tried it three different ways and it just looked horrible. So when my Mom came for a visit, I asked for her expertise and Voila! It's done. There was a point before my Mom came that I almost threw the whole thing in the trash. I was so frustrated. But seeing Tzipi so excited about her very own Menorah, I'm glad I got help and didn't quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment