Monday, August 30, 2010

HOT AND COLD

Wow. What an experience. Leelee took me to the hospital this morning for two tests.

The CT Angiogram was a "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am" experience. They gave me an IV and then I laid down. The donut that goes around you rotates really really fast. It was a strange feeling. Then they quickly (and I mean quickly) inject this dye that makes you feel like you have an instant fever. That made me feel really yucky. Then I got the chills. Talk about roller coaster. Then I just stayed prone for about 5 minutes until the feeling wore off. The whole shabang took about 10 minutes from start to finish. I hurt and had pins and needles all over. Thankfully they had a wheelchair, so I wheeled to the waiting room for the second test. (At the very end my brain felt really really cold. Weird huh?)

The MRI was uneventful, but long. 45 minutes for one test. It was the lumbar region of my spine. The tech lady gave me a nice warm blanket and I got all cozy in the 7 foot long MRI machine. For those of us that hate confined spaces, I just recommend closing your eyes. If you can't see how tight the space is, it's better. I day dreamed about Tzipi's Barbie Birthday party, Pancakes with lots of butter and syrup, a shopping spree with actual money, and Three Falls Cove (not necessarily in that order). I had to fight panic once maybe twice. The muscle spasms forced me to stay a bit longer because I twitched during one of the pictures. So the tech had to redo the last picture which added 4 minutes to the thing.

I see an Ophthalmologist on the 1st of September. Hopefully I'll be able to get my eye allergy medicine prescription while I'm there because my eyes are so itchy. I'm going to check on my right eye which has possible retinal tearing.

There are times (like on the CAT SCAN bed) when I just want to run away from all of this and quit trying to solve this dang mystery, but I can't. I have to have my thyroid cared for, I need to have my back cared for, and I can't afford to lose the ability to walk. The pain I can handle. But I have to take care of my family.

At least I have my birthday to look forward to, Three Falls cove, my 10th anniversary, and Sukkot! This lady was 32 at the time of this picture.  I don't know her name. She had a whole litter of kids, but lived during the "dust bowl days". She was blessed with many children, but she had a hard life. I have it easy. I had a vacation day that I could take, so I could mentally recuperate from this medical stuff. She never had that. She never had a tech help her walk or lay a warm, clean blanket on her. I must keep my mind on the things that really matter. I wish I could go back in time and help her take care of that little one so she could take a nap.

I love my family so very much. Without you I have no idea where I would be. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome and besides that is what family is for. Love you.

    ReplyDelete