Saturday, July 3, 2010

Last Night

 

The early bird gets the MRI worm. I got to BSA about 7:15. I figured it would take me longer to find where I was supposed to be. Not so. I filled out two forms with my weird symptoms and they gave me a paper bracelet. Once I took my teeth, earrings, wrist brace, and glasses off, the technician laid me down on this tiny "bed". I asked her if it was OK if I fell asleep. She said that would be fine. The MRI I had on my wrist in 2008 was very different than this one. It made a ticking noise that was very hypnotic. This one was not like that at all. I didn't wear ear protection in my first one. This one you HAD to wear hearing protection. It was so freakin' loud. NO WAY a person could fall asleep. I kept my eyes closed from the minute she put my head in this helmet thing till she pulled me out. I could tell I would start freaking out if I kept my eyes open and realized how confined I was. I was exhausted because I'd been up since 5 am, showering, cooking, going to Wal-mart and then working. I tried to nap in the car at lunch, but I think that may have made me sleepier.
Anyway... back to where I was... I had to work very hard at breathing normally and not moving. I used my rad Yoga moves to stay perfectly still. I started panicking toward the end. But she pulled me out and told me that we got good pictures. The radiologist would read the films and call my doctor. I would probably hear something on Tuesday. So I'll post when I hear something.

No comments:

Post a Comment