Monday, December 22, 2008

December's Visit


My parents came for a visit this weekend. We had a pleasant time. It's been about 6 months since I've seen them. My kids had a blast (of course). My cat had a blast teasing my Mom's dog Chorney.

It's great not living so far from family anymore.

Next year Mom and Dad are getting chickens for their farm. They built the most beautiful chicken coop. We'll have to go down to their house so the kids can play with real live chickens.

They have a bunch of goats that the kids love to feed. Mom grew a wonderful veggie garden and she had a great first harvest. I'm sure this next year will be better than ever. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine my parents would have land with animals and grow their own food, but I'm glad they do.
They won't be able to travel up north as much to visit, so we'll have to go visit them. Over the plains and through the mesquite, to Grandma's house we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment