Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I love chickens!

There is nothing quite like holding a chicken. A real live bird in your hands. My parents have 26 of the most beautiful birds. Smelly yes, but they are birds.
This is Buddy climbing Mount Dad. These baby goats are the most amazing creatures. They are soft and warm and full of love. I'm so glad I'm not allergic to them. I have had the privilege of helping at feeding time. They are bottle fed and its so much fun. Not so much for my Mom who has to wake up in the middle of the night for feedings, but it's been fun to help a little.
The ducks are loads of fun. They love water and are so fuzzy. This breed of bird is flightless. They are huge mess makers and great fun to watch.

We have to pack up and head home tomorrow. It's been fun on the farm and it's been a great 8 days away from the stress of work. I have more pictures, but I'll have to post them later as it's almost dinner time. (Yeah meatloaf sandwiches!)

No comments:

Post a Comment