Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 3rd

It's almost the big day! No more satellite TV. Surprisingly the kids are actually acting happy about the change. I'm just ready for the day to be here. Once I pay the final bill I'll be happy to see a little more of my pay check. And another positive thing about getting rid of the TV: not living around our favorite shows. Sunday won't be an argument between Avi and I who gets to watch their show? Avi watches CBS Sunday morning or my favorite cooking show, Jamie at Home. I'll miss the DVR the most. Getting to pause anytime and rewind or record my favorite shows was such a luxury. When we visit a person without a DVR I still try to pause the TV.

This isn't the first time we've done this. We didn't have TV when we first married or when we moved to Virginia. We broke down and got Dish Network when we were in Wyoming and we were stuck in the house for weeks with snow days.


I feel that it will be better for all of us to be without it. It will force us all to work harder on being together and actively interacting instead of just being in the same room together.


Tzipi definitely needs it and so does Zee. And Spring is almost here. I won't miss it. I have enough to do without having to be distracted by television. Knitting, baking, Toastmasters, blogging, making toys with the kids, playing games, playing the piano.

1 comment:

  1. I wish Lance would agree to something like this. But, if we did not have tv he would be unhappy. So, it is better that we have it and I am unhappy. Oh, don't get me wrong. I watch it too. But I would love for us to do other things at least some nights. Anyway, I am happy to know that your family will be closer because the tv is not part of the mix.

    ReplyDelete