Thursday, April 14, 2016

Passover cleaning starts...

That's not really true. I've been cleaning for a while, but I mean the kitchen.

 Passover cleaning starts in the kitchen.

 I have all this Passover food and no where to put it right now. There's this amazing rotating cabinet that I haven't had the nerve or stomach to clean. My house was vacant for years and I've been dealing with one area at a time. Passover is the perfect reason. I feel that cleaning is a physical act that brings holiness to the mundane. Cleaning can be monotonous for us stay-at-home parents. Yet there is something amazing that happens when you get into the nooks and crannies, also knowing that families all over the world are doing the same thing.


Same for lighting candles on Shabbat. You know that somewhere there is a woman lighting candles at the same time, singing the same blessing. That connectivity pushes me when I feel desperately lonely. When my kids are asking for something from me at the same time. We are all connected. I am not alone in this. I am obeying my Creator, not just getting through the day.

So today I'm going to conquer the rotating cabinet. Not because it's dirty and needs it, but because it's the right thing to do at this time. Perhaps if I could take this concept throughout the rest of the year. I'm not doing the dishes because they are dirty, but because it's the right thing to do at this time! I'm getting ready for Shabbat every day of the week. I just need to remind myself of that. 


But cleaning this year will be different. Why?


 I will take my handy Norwex dust mitt and dust off the cobwebs and then my Envirocloth to get all the germs and bacteria. That's it. Not hours of breathing caustic chemicals. This Passover will be the easiest clean ever! I hope to make video and take pictures soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment