Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Motherhood



I don't think children ever really appreciate how important mothers are until they have children themselves. Being a mother is very difficult. It's painful and joy-filled all rolled up into one! I've once heard it compared to taking your heart out and watching it walk around and climb on your furniture. You want to protect your children and you want to give your children the confidence to be independent. It's a crazy balancing act. And I also think that the best gift that I have ever given my mother by birth and my mother by marriage is grandchildren. Nothing makes me feel more fulfilled than to see the sheer pleasure on their faces. I know that neither get to spend near enough time with us, but they are dear to our hearts and always in our thoughts. I love you both very much!



No comments:

Post a Comment