Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1st

My computer is on its way to Simi Valley California for repair. I was so worried until I spoke with the Tech guy. I feel so good that my computer is going to repaired by professionals. I miss my computer very much.

I have worked ALOT of overtime the past two weeks. Things are all in flux at work. We're getting a new manager and our office is being reorganized. One of my performance goals for this year was to hold a training meeting for our team. So before our manager retires, I'm going to speak on Professionalism/Business Etiquette. It's this Thursday! I'm a bit nervous since I'm speaking to my peers who may or may not care about what I have to say, instead of my fellow Toastmasters who actually WANT to hear what I have to say. This will be the biggest challenge of my young career. My manager feels I would be a great asset to the Training Department, and in order to work towards that end, she wants it on my performance review that I held a training session for my team. This will also be the longest speech I've given. Keep me in your prayers this Thursday May 7th at 10 am.

Azariah is excited about school being over in a few weeks. Tzipi will be out of school sooner than Zee. My goal for this year is to get our bedtime routine in shape. It's been a nightmare since I started working. Zee is easy to get to bed, but Tzipi fights it with every bit of her tiny body.

I woke up at 5am and walked this morning. It was so clear and beautiful. The humidity curled my hair and I heard the birds singing their morning song. I felt jazzed after my long walk. I got back inside my home and jumped in the shower, got dressed, organized my work things, did my hair and make up and boy was I shocked when at 7am the fog was so thick I could barely see. The guy on the radio made me laugh so hard. He said that the visibility was less than a quarter of an inch... and then corrected himself to say mile, not inch. But it was too late.

I have to work again this Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot done in the few hours I'll be there. The house isn't too messy, so maybe the weather will be pleasant and we can do something fun.

Well, I've rambled enough I guess. Just thought I'd blog while I could.

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero! How do you do it? I am doing good to get out of bed and get somewhere by noon...much less walk, take care of two kidos, work, and manage a home! KUDOS to you! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete