Sunday, April 17, 2011
1. You can love your speech and hate your speech at the same time.
2. Too much practice can be a bad thing.
3. Once you are on the stage, all the help in the world can't express it like you can.
4. Speaking from the heart is easier than speaking what you don't know.
5. New people in the audience are good. Practicing to the same audience is extremely challenging.
6. It's better to show the audience than describe your scene. Less is more.
7. Winning isn't everything, but it sure feels great!
Now I have 2 weeks to prepare for Santa Fe! I'll be competing with Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
I hope it all works out smoothly. It's been amazing so far. Our Creator is awesome and has given us so many opportunities to succeed if we just walk through the doors He opens for us. Thank you Sir for caring about us so very much!
Posted by Janine Deckard at 3:24:00 PM