Sunday, April 17, 2011

I won!!!

I won! Can you believe it?! Club, Area, Division... WOW! I wanted to get this far, but I wasn't sure it would happen. My club helped me so much with polishing my speech. I've learned so much from competing.

1. You can love your speech and hate your speech at the same time.
2. Too much practice can be a bad thing.
3. Once you are on the stage, all the help in the world can't express it like you can.
4. Speaking from the heart is easier than speaking what you don't know.
5. New people in the audience are good. Practicing to the same audience is extremely challenging.
6. It's better to show the audience than describe your scene. Less is more.
7. Winning isn't everything, but it sure feels great!

Now I have 2 weeks to prepare for Santa Fe! I'll be competing with Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
I hope it all works out smoothly. It's been amazing so far. Our Creator is awesome and has given us so many opportunities to succeed if we just walk through the doors He opens for us. Thank you Sir for caring about us so very much!

3 comments:

  1. Of course I knew YOU could do it! You rock sister! Congrats! I will be praying for big wins in Santa Fe!! YEA!! Go Janine...Go Janine...Go Janine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. We were so glad we made it to hear you. You go girl!! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nee, So glad you're feeling well enough to compete. Of course winning goes a long way to keeping your soul in a place where your body can heal itself. My prayer for you daily is for that stupid cyst to disappear. God is able! Love you. Momma

    ReplyDelete