Saturday, September 18, 2010

A friend in need...

 
My friend Kathy has offered to go with me for the fine needle biopsy. She survived the worst type of thyroid cancer. I go to her for a reality check when I get too freaked out. She said that she would have loved to have someone come with her, she went through it alone. So Tuesday we will set off from work and go to the Hospital. I will be awake and will see the long tiny needle as they poke it in my neck. She will be there to keep me calm and distracted. We called the hospital and will allow her in to the procedure with me. It should take an hour. I'm not sure if they will biopsy the thyroid and lymph glands, but they might. I will post as soon as I know something more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a friend to go with you. Tina is going with you on Wed. to see Dr. Usala. I'm always happy to go with you too. I'm still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete