Thursday, May 19, 2016

Never stop learning (My guilty pleasure!)


I have to say that I'm really enjoying learning French. It's basically the only "me" time I get anymore. I dream of using it in Quebec or walking in Lyon buying fruit at a market. Zee is learning Japanese and Zippy is picking up some French but teeter totters between Spanish, Hebrew and French. I'm just letting her coast right now since dyslexia makes English a bit tricky for her. She  has an amazing ear and can pronounce words perfectly. Zee's Japanese accent is actually pretty impressive. We love languages I guess. We can see that learning a new language is basically a free ticket to another world. I think learning Hebrew has helped me with French. They don't have the same letter system (alphabet vs alephbet) but the accents have some similarity. If you listen carefully to Israeli speakers, they can sound French, especially when they speak heavily accented English.
Recently I've been watching French movies to see how much I'm retaining. My most recent favorites were recommended by a friend. I do not recommend them for American children at all. They are French movies after all. The story telling is intricate for both movies and the love stories are equally beautiful. 

If you want a happy ending, these two movies will not disappoint. The English subtitles are clear and easy to understand so you don't have to understand French to enjoy either of these stories.


I was delighted to find out my mom had watched both of these movies and enjoyed them. I just had to share these as they are on Netflix if you want something new to watch... here are two! Comment and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment