Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crochet Latkes


I'm doing a speech on my favorite story: The Hanukkah Guest by Eric A. Kimmel. It's a funny tale about an old deaf and blind babushka and her visitor. So I came up with a cute idea and I'm crocheting a bunch of latkes for the story. When I have a big pile of them, I'll add a picture of them on a platter.
Here's my pattern, chain 6, bend at third chain, connect first chain to last chain with slip stitch. Chain 3, Double Crochet twice in each stitch until you come full circle. Slip stitch to finish. Hope this makes sense. I've never actually came up with my own pattern and written it down before. Happy Crocheted Latkes!

1 comment:

  1. Please don't remove the bearskin! The latkes are much easier to see here than on Skype. Had such a nice visit with the two of you last night. How many did you finally get made? You gonna try to make sour cream and applesauce too? That could be very interesting or should I say, "Kak Interechna". Ya babushka!

    ReplyDelete