Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm ready for Sukkot

Although my heart is saddened and I would like to stay in bed for the rest of my life... I have two children that don't need me to do that.

So I go on. Yom Kippur was beautiful at our local synagogue. I'd never been to a service with a Cello and Piano. It was beautiful. I am so glad that I was able to reflect on the past months and try to come to terms with things. It was a very beautiful evening.
 
Like always, Sukkot follows quickly behind. This year I dreamed we would have our own Sukkah. Well thanks to Darla and Lance's amazing generosity, we have a temporary dwelling. Unless I'm mandated by G-d to eat outside and spend time outside, I don't. So this is a great time of year for me. I'm forced to breathe fresh air and be in nature. Bugs and dirt I am not keen on, but it's worth dealing with them to learn the lessons G-d has for us outside.

In Israel there isn't a lot of space, but they still understand the necessity of following this mitzvah.

So I'm looking forward to being in our Sukkah and eating together.

We'll be celebrating our 11th Anniversary. I can't believe it's been 11 years. I'm going to make it through this. Some how.

No comments:

Post a Comment