Saturday, December 11, 2010

The next few posts...

 
I just came back from the shower (so much fun!) and met the neatest ladies!
Well, I'm going to take the next few posts on my blog to teach the basics of crochet. I'm having so much fun making cute things for everyone on my gift list. One of them is a crocheted rose. I hope to be able to take pictures and get them posted to show how I make them. Crochet is so much fun. I love the way knitting looks, but I'm still in kindergarten when it comes to knitting. 

What is the difference between knitting and crochet?
Knitting needs 2 needles and crochet needs a hook.

I'll even try my hand at posting video. See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to send a link to your blog to Lynn. She was the one asking you "how you do that?" today at the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep planning and hoping to actually learn how to crochet. It is something I've wanted to learn to do for years. Back quite a few years ago when we first came back to Texas from Colorado (Laurie was in the fourth grade) Granny Enloe tried to teach me to crochet. We only got to actually have a couple of lessons.

    She taught me how to make a basic chain. I just kept making that chain longer and longer and longer - eventually rolling it onto the ball of yarn.

    I will never forget what Lance said when I told him about learning to crochet, and showed him the chain I was so proud of.

    In his typical Pop woice and with his usual attitude he said, "We can always use one of those." I about laughed myself sick. I could just imagine what he was really thinking. He was probably thinking, 'but I sure don't know what for."

    I kept that chain for many years, but don't know what ever happened to it.

    Perhaps I can start another. And perhaps it will be with your expert guidance this time since Granny left this life without having any success in helping me to learn to crochet.

    ReplyDelete