Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Out With The Old...

If kids understood how easy we have it.


Here's a great website I found about how hard everyone had it: http://www.oldandinteresting.com/history-of-washing-clothes.aspx

We don't have to haul water from a great distance. We turn on a tap.

We don't have to boil water to cook or clean. Well, I do boil water to disinfect my Norwex, but I don't mind at all.

When I was first married, I cleaned my husband's jeans with a scrub board in the bathtub. I remember carrying my son's cloth diapers, a mile to the laundry-mat.

Why? Because I believed deeply in what I was doing. I didn't have a choice.

The media doesn't talk about the generation that is going back to the ways of old. More and more people are bringing chickens to their suburban homes. More and more mom's are breastfeeding. Using cloth diapers, growing their own food, teaching their kids at home. Let's celebrate THAT! Let's embrace the things that work instead of complaining about those that don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment