Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So many things, so little time!!!





Who knew how awesome I would feel after this? I won't go on and on like I could about how the whole thing happened, but I'm still feeling amazingly great. It was worth the agony.

I won first place in the International Speech Contest (Club level) and this weekend I will compete in the Area level. I need to practice my speech again, and yet I blog.

We are having a garage sale on the morning of the Ninth of April to raise funds for the trip to Santa Fe.



Let's see... my hearing aids are amazing!

I went to a meeting today to learn about Assistive Listening devices. If we can make this one system work with the phone at work, the state (DARS) program will pay for it. That means, I will hear better in meetings and even hear the TV better.
I am keeping a journal of my hearing aids just so I can better record the times I hear better and the times I could still use help.



We will just say, work sucks and leave it at that. My employer will have a special Self-Development breakfast this Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it. We get a half day certificate, free breakfast, and time paid away from work to go to the Drury Inn. I get to go because I achieved my Advanced Communicator Bronze Certificate in 2010 for Toastmasters. (This year I will have my Advanced Communicator Silver... I am one presentation away).

I am doing my best to enjoy each day as it comes. I am still dreaming of Frazzelberry, but I figure that will happen eventually too. I paid all my bills this month and we have food in our tummies. What more could I ask for.

TAKS (Texas Asks Kids to do Stupid things) tests are soon. Yuck. I feel bad for Zee. I don't think I remember 9 being such a sucky age, but the more I think about it I guess it was. I loved 4th grade. I just keep praying it will be that way for him. He deserves to love learning.

Tzipi and I watched Beauty and the Beast on Sunday and I got such a chuckle when Belle was going into the West Wing and was just about to touch the flower and BOOM! Tzipi jumped when the Beast caught her. I love that she is still so innocent.

We're trying to pinch pennies wherever we can, so I made only veggies for dinner. Garlic Sauteed Yellow squash and sauteed onion rings in butter sauce with Couscous. For "dessert" we had sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon. This will be the plan all week. Zee and Abba were great sports but Tzip... not so much. She wasn't very happy. She wanted cheese.  I don't think she could ever be Vegan. She loves dairy far too much. Oh well. I'm just trying to keep us healthy while saving money.

Well, I wanna go read all my favorite blogs, check Facebook, email and watch and episode on HULU all before Avi comes back and takes the laptop away.

Thank goodness I have a Blackberry. I probably would have hidden the laptop and never let him see it again. He has cigarettes, I have the internet. So there.

1 comment:

  1. I had an occipital nerve block when I was pregnant with Sophie and absolutely loved it. It hurt really bad for a day or two, but it was at least 3 months before I had another headache at all.

    ReplyDelete