Thursday, November 4, 2010

Whataday!

See all these test tubes???? These are all mine. 
OK, not really, but close. 12! 12 vials. That's crazy! The lab tech said the most he's done on someone smaller than me was 15 vials and she was 17 years old. I heard the ocean and felt pins and needles in my arm. I pushed myself, but what else is a girl to do?! Plus I was hoping that my Endocrinologist would call in his RX for my kidney infection and I could fill all my prescriptions at once. That didn't happen. I'm hoping I can go at lunch tomorrow and get my new meds filled.

I guess the best way to explain what is happening to me, is that the doctors (in April when I originally developed the shingles) just prescribed enough viral meds to force the virus (herpes zoster) into smaller clusters. They fled throughout my system wreaking chaos and damaging my nerves. Doctor Taylor with the NeuroSensory Center of Austin says that once I take the anti-viral meds, it will take somewhere around 6 weeks to start seeing improvement. He said that these 6 weeks will be difficult but that with the immune support I'm also taking in the form of a topical creme, a liquid mega vitamin, and a food supplement; I should start seeing my life return to a better quality. The anti-viral meds will encapsulate the virus but only my immune system can eradicate them. He said that he and his associate, Dr. Stewart, had found that virus' are to blame for much of what people are simply treating the symptoms. We will see, in six weeks, if this is the case for me.

I'm totally not looking forward to feeling worse before I feel better, but I'm looking forward to the end result. I will still need to monitor my spinal syrinx and make sure that doesn't get too big, and I want to make sure my thyroid stays healthy (which a lot of the new boosters I'm taking will do). It's been a long road, but I've learned a lot through this whole trial.

On another note...



Hobby Lobby is a large store right? It's overwhelming. I'm normally exhausted after I go since there are so many things to look at and so much store to cover. Well, watch out people! It's getting bigger. That's right. They are in the middle of a remodeling. This store in Amarillo will be the THIRD largest out of 500 with Oklahoma's store being the headquarters and the largest. Don't believe me? Go check it out. It's a mess right now, and you can tell they hired a whole bunch of new staff to handle the demand. I went to get some birthday stuff for two little girls I know and golly was I shocked! They hope to get it all finished by Christmas! I wish they paid a lot because I would so love to work there. Oh well, I'll just shop there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment